Located in the heart of the Historic Town Square at 96 Center Street (click on street address for google map directions), the 1.33 acre park is the trademark of the Town. It features turn of the century walkways, cast iron fences, an antiqued-styled clock, and a charming bandstand.
Power and clean up is only available if facility is reserved and rented. Please note that there is a damage deposit of $100.00 due when the facility is rented.
$75/hr (Two hour minimum) – Resident
$150/hr (Two hour minimum) – Non-Resident
In the mid-1940's Collierville's existing train depot was moved from LaGrange, Tennessee and located east of Center Street on the North side of the railroad. In 1976, Southern Railroad gave the depot to the Town of Collierville. It was moved to it's present location in 1977. As far as research can ascertain, this is the third depot to be located in Collierville since the railroad was originally chartered as Memphis- Charleston Railroad in 1852.
Executive Train Car
Located near the depot is "Savannah" an executive rail car formerly used by Seaboard Railway. The interior is virtually altered since it was renovated in the 1940's. At that time, the windows were changed to thermopane glass and air conditioning was added. Most of the light fixtures are original, as are the hat racks on the walls of the observation room. There are three bedrooms, a shower, dining room, kitchen and a cook's quarters.
One of the earliest methods of travel in America, other than by boat, was by stage coach. During the antebellum period, a stage line originating at Collierville ran to Old Wyatt via Hudsonville & Holly Springs, MS. The route returned to Collierville through Chulahoma & Byhalia, MS. Another route was the stop at the Tally Farm located on the Memphis-Charleston Railroad (South Rowlett & Byhalia Rd.). The cabin was relocated (re-constructed) piece by piece to the Town Square in 1977.
The Caboose is an excellent example of the type of rail car used by the crew of the train. A caboose such as this was vital to the safety of the train and crew, and was attached to the rear of the train.